Municipal Courts are statutory courts of limited jurisdiction having responsibility for motor vehicle traffic violations, disorderly and petty disorderly criminal offenses, municipal and county ordinance violations, certain penalty enforcement codes, health code violations and all other proceedings within the territorial jurisdiction of the Township. Practice and procedures are governed by New Jersey Court Rules and the Municipal Court Judge is responsible for overseeing the administration of his or her Municipal Court. Springfield’s Municipal Court Judge is the Honorable Jonathan Rosenbluth.
Mary Jo Banchansky, Court Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Mountain Avenue – second floor
Springfield, New Jersey 07081-1729
The Springfield Municipal Court is located in the Town hall, on the second floor.
The Violations Office is open on Mondays from 8:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. and on Tuesday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4 pm. Court is in session on Monday at 5:00 pm. Master Card and Visa are accepted for payment of fines.
Pay tickets on line at: www.njmcdirect.com. After hours payments can be made using the Court Payment Box located at the Springfield Police entrance on South Trivett Avenue.
2015 DEPARTMENTAL COURT GOALS
- Update Disaster Recovery Plan for the Court, when necessary
- Continue operating the Municipal Court debt collection program with private vendor
- Review Court security safety, based on AOC procedures, with Police
- Continue cross training staff and provide training for Deputy Court Administrator certification
- Resolve resident complaints/inquiries (phone, e-mail or QAlert within 24 hours)
- Ensure that the Springfield four pledge principles are practiced everyday
Court Dates January 2015 – June 2015