- Planning Board to review Downtown Redevelopment Plan
Th Planning Board will review the Township’s Downtown Redevelopment plan for Morris ave, between Caldwell Place and Center Street on Wednesday March 4th. The Planning Board will send their recommendations to the Township Committee. The Planning Board meeting will take place on the second floor of the Municipal Building on […]
- Township Committee February 24, 2015 Regular Meeting Agenda
- Recycling Pick Up Update for Wednesday, February 18, 2015
One of Giordano’s recycling trucks broke down this morning that caused a delay in route pick up and they do not anticipate that they will finish the entire recycling route today, February 18th. The affected area is the West Side of Mountain Avenue towards Millburn Township. Residents are advised to […]
- Union County Recycling Information
Please click here for important recycling information from Union County.
- Springfield Green Team "Community Challenge"
To protect our environment and become a sustainable community we are implementing many practices in our town. We ask our residents to be part of these efforts by taking our challenges. Support our Community Challenges by selecting the pledges in the form below. you can also click on the image.
- Feds award $1M for Rahway River flood study
Union County mayors and freeholders today hailed the allocation of $1 million in federal funds to complete a long-stalled flood mitigation study along the 82-mile stretch of the Rahway River from Essex to Middlesex counties.
- Senator Menendez to Announce Funding of the United States Army Corps of Engineers
Senator Robert Menendez will hold a conference to talk about the US Army Corps of Engineers Rahway River Flood Mitigation project. This event will be held in neighboring Union Township on Friday, February 6th, 11:00 AM at 1976 Morris Avenue (Town Municipal Building)
- Springfield Free Public Library - Adult Department Programs for March 2015 and More!
All programs are free and open to the public. Assistive listening devices are available upon request.
- Mayor Barnett speaks at the New Jersey Planning Conference
Mayor David Barnett appeared as a guest speaker yesterday at the 2015 New Jersey Planning Conference in New Brunswick. The conference chose our own Morris Avenue Vision Plan as model project to feature to this audience of professionals from across the state. Mayor Barnett discussed the process for development of […]
- Free Paper Shredding event for Springfield Residents
Please save the date: When: Saturday, March 14, 2015 Where: Pool Parking Lot
- Snow Plowing and Shoveling Etiquette – What you should know
The first step in successful snow blowing is to blow snow with the wind, never against it. While this sounds simple, implementing this will ensure that you don’t have to keep re-doing the same areas over and over. Please click here for more information
- Springfield Snow and Ice Control Plan
The Township of Springfield strives to provide effective and efficient snow and ice removal to allow motorists to travel safely within the Township during winter weather events. Each event is unique, and the snow and ice control operation changes depending on several factors including but not limited to the amount, […]