- Planning Board to review Downtown Redevelopment Plan
Th Planning Board will review the Township’s Downtown Redevelopment plan for Morris ave, between Caldwell Place and Center Street on Wednesday March 4th. The Planning Board will send their recommendations to the Township Committee. The Planning Board meeting will take place on the second floor of the Municipal Building on […]
- Union County Recycling Information
Please click here for important recycling information from Union County.
- Municipal Offices Closed Thursday March 5th due to inclement weather
All municipal offices will be closed on Thursday, March 5th due to the anticipated snow storm and because of the State of Emergency declaration. Please be safe.
- Springfield Green Team "Community Challenge"
To protect our environment and become a sustainable community we are implementing many practices in our town. We ask our residents to be part of these efforts by taking our challenges. Support our Community Challenges by selecting the pledges in the form below. you can also click on the image.
- Feds award $1M for Rahway River flood study
Union County mayors and freeholders today hailed the allocation of $1 million in federal funds to complete a long-stalled flood mitigation study along the 82-mile stretch of the Rahway River from Essex to Middlesex counties.
- Springfield Free Public Library - Adult Department Programs for March 2015 and More!
All programs are free and open to the public. Assistive listening devices are available upon request.
- Free Paper Shredding event for Springfield Residents
Please save the date: When: Saturday, March 14, 2015 Where: Pool Parking Lot
- Snow Plowing and Shoveling Etiquette – What you should know
The first step in successful snow blowing is to blow snow with the wind, never against it. While this sounds simple, implementing this will ensure that you don’t have to keep re-doing the same areas over and over. Please click here for more information
- Springfield Snow and Ice Control Plan
The Township of Springfield strives to provide effective and efficient snow and ice removal to allow motorists to travel safely within the Township during winter weather events. Each event is unique, and the snow and ice control operation changes depending on several factors including but not limited to the amount, […]
- A Glimpse at Property Tax in New Jersey
Ever ask that question why I pay the property taxes I pay? In order to answer that question, you need to consider all the factors that go into the computation of your property tax liability and how they can change, from year to year.